Monday, April 19, 2010

Ruh-Roh




Despicable Me...
I well I missed my post yesterday and for no good reason, wouldn't you know. SPACE Con is this weekend and I'm jazzed. I had a busy day yesterday, but, it was filled with fun...probably too much. I returned home with my head filled with ideas and things to do. Only to realize I needed a quick rest. That quick rest turned into full out, battery recharging sleep...DAMMIT!

The rest was much needed,though, I had taken a break from diet & exercise last week and regretted doing so, To add salt to the freshly opened wound I played Laser Tag with some of my family and friends. My brother took it too seriously,lol, I've never seen a person sweat so much after only 15 mins. of game play. His girlfriend cheated,with the assistance of Nick Fury(I don't know the attendants name so this one will suffice) and I had a pretty good card after it was all said & done even though one of us was invincible more often than not...SOOO BROKEN! It was a good time though.
Enough about that. Here are my posts and though they are behind schedule I'm anxious to show off.
Mud Flap Zombie:
My friend Adam Brooks had a birthday last week. I teamed up with one,Cathy Kammer on this design. The turn around had to be quick but, I spit on my hands and on Cathy's too...( No actual spit was involved in the creation of this image) and got to business. This modern Venus of Willendorf has indeed been corrupted and while there were a multitude of ways she could have been drawn I figured maintaining the icon would be best. I posted this because it really does make me laugh every time I see it.
If you have never seen "Mud Flap Girl" images, she barely has a nose in most of them. A silhouette shouldn't be so complicated but, my friends this gal was high maintenance.
Faun:
New colors to the "Faun". I need more practice with the previous style is what I realized and with that said, My goal is to focus on portraiture for the full month of June. May is beginning to look hectic and will only provided limited time for me to do much exploring. I will say this, the month of June I will take requests for portraits. If you've never had yours done, for the sake of science, let me do one for you. No charge but, donations including non-monetary ones are welcome. I plan to finish this by the second week of May. So to my word, May 16th this baby will be put to bed. For now, enjoy the progress.
Platy-π:
Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. These little creatures are great fun to crank out. Look for more of my little "Zooples" later on this blog and if you have a favorite creature maybe I'll make you, your very own "Zoople"

That is enough out of me. I may post throughout the week. I still have to complete regular Leia to finish off that "Star Wars" project. Who knows maybe she'll pop -up sooner than even I think. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment