Tuesday, February 23, 2010

doodles from the window seat.

Photobucket
hi there gang.
well, the first post is always the tricky one isn't it?
i wish i had something cooler to show off up front. to be honest i'm a little under the weather just now, so it's lucky you're getting anything at all.

i stopped carrying my gameboy on the bus and switched back to a little sketchbook.
these are all done with an underdrawing of design markers, and inked with microns.



^i don't have anything interesting to say about these faces.



^this guy originates from a story where he eats things through the black hole in his chest. i'll elaborate on that later.



^this is some strange monkey man who works in a mailroom some where. i don't have a backstory for him.



^i felt like drawing a scott pilgrim/anime girl. i named her 'annie may,' have nine billion people thought of that before i did? i'm guessing so. while i was finishing up her drawing an elderly gentleman asked me to draw a portrait of his elderly friend. i had to respectfully decline.



^no design makers on her, just went straight for the inks. i'm sort of biting ross cambell's style in this one, and that's being generous to me, it's a pale imitation really. if you sort of like it and you don't know who ross is, look him up, i'm not a fraction of the artist he is. no false modesty, he's a monster at drawing ladies.



^i love this guy. fat cartoon guys are just so much fun to draw! he looks like he's about to say something important, but i confess, i have no idea what it is.



^a little mega man fan art.



^she's in progress. that big blue dot in her right eyebrow is from when i fell asleep on the bus with my sketchbook open and the pen in my hand just sat on the page for a few seconds.

and that will do it for this time around.
i've got another update coming up on friday. tuesday and friday are my update days. be sure to check in for ronald too though, you can expect his updates on sunday and thursday.

4 comments:

  1. I especially like the Mega Man biz. I'm just going to say it again. Pass it a long next time we meet, I'd like to add something to it,if you don't mind.Can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to add don't forget your symbol, I'm just anxious to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. instead of a symbol at the bottom i was thinking of sticking with a self caricature at the top.
    thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's fine by me. I'll need a sig, and a mini me for all purposes and holidays. I'm gonna post something on both subjects tonight. This is more fun for me than I thought it would be. I'm drawing hands and feet this week. Must perfect the craft.

    ReplyDelete